Project: Almirante Saboia
Brazilian Navy/MoD Ship Disposal Authority 2009
2009 saw the Falmouth facility of the A&P Group successfully complete the conversion of the 137m former Royal Fleet Auxiliary Landing Ship Logistics (LSL) Sir Bedivere (L3004) into the Brazilian Navy’s support vessel NDCC Almirante Saboia (G-25).
A&P were responsible for a six month duration, whole ship regeneration and integration contract involving all ship systems brought alive after six month lay up period after decommissioning by RFA Flotilla. This include major overhaul of:
- Main Engines and associated fuel, air and hydraulic systems;
- 5 unit full Diesel Generator overhaul
- Entire electrical system including switchboards;
- Internal and External Communications systems;
- All hotel systems;
- All firefighting and safety systems;
- All deck and auxiliary equipment and systems;
- Increase of accommodation capacity to 350 ship staff and troops
- All navigation and radar equipment.
- Lloyds Special Survey for Hull and Machinery to maintain the Ship In Class until Dec 2010
- New external paint scheme and full internal coatings
- Crew Training on all new and legacy systems